I'm a Grinch. I admit it. I don't really like Christmas. Too much to do, buying for the sake of buying, commercialization, etc. I could just skip it. This year I still feel the same. Today, driving to work, I was really trying to put myself into better spirits. Yesterday had been a terrible day to drive to work. It had snowed and traffic was terrible. It took me an hour to go 5 miles. Today was definitely better. However, I still was feeling the "Christmas funk." Then, while sitting at an intersection I looked up and there was Santa standing in the median. He was holding a sign that said "Honk for Santa! Sunny 95 (radio station)." For some reason this put a smile on my face. It's not every day you see Santa in the middle of the road! I found some Christmas tunes on the radio and even sang along! The rest of the day I was in much better spirits.
Later in the day, at home, I finished putting up the Christmas lights on the tree in the front yard but the extension cords weren't working so I decided to leave it until later when Dwight got home. I had to go somewhere about 5:00. As I pulled out of the driveway I noticed that the tree was all lit up. How could this be? It wasn't even hooked up to a cord and plugged in. Then I realized that the sun was setting right behind the tree, catching and illuminating the tiny Christmas lights. It was like magic for a brief couple of seconds. A perfect magical end to the day! I think this Grinch's heart grew three sizes today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment