Monday, December 23, 2013

Connection: Scotland via Las Vegas

At the beginning of November I went on a vacation to Las Vegas. Dwight had a work conference there. One day while he worked I went on an organized hike in the Red Rock Canyon outside of Las Vegas. I had signed-up for a different tour but it didn't work out so I did this one. I guess it was meant to be so I could make a people-to-people connection! In the hiking group was me and two women from Scotland a little older than me. They were very nice. We got talking and I told them that my friend's daughter, Alli, was going to school in Stirling, Scotland for a semester. It turned out that they were both from Stirling and one of the lady's, Sharon, used to work with international students at the same university that Alli is attending this semester. Sharon gave me her email address and told me to have Alli get in touch with her and she would have her over for a meal. I introduced the two of them through email and left it at that. A few days ago I found out that Sharon had invited Alli and a friend over to her house for tea. She gave her some small gifts and food for the girls' Thanksgiving dinner. She also told them all the things they needed to do while they were in Stirling. From what I hear it was a very nice afternoon!  I was so happy to hear they were able to connect and that I was able to have a part in it. From Columbus and Cincinnati (Alli) to Las Vegas and Stirling, Scotland! The world is small!

No comments: