Wednesday, February 27, 2013

International School

Tonight in my ESL class we took a group picture. Later, when I was looking at it and at all of the different nationalities represented in the group, I kind of got the chills. When I was a kid I used to play a game I called "International School" with all of the dolls my grandma had gotten me during her travels. It was like playing Barbies only with international dolls. I had a school for them and I came up with names and "back stories" that matched their countries. I did all the research in encyclopedias and came up with authentic names and cities they were from based on their country. Weird, I know, but that was me!  Fascinated by all things international. As I looked at the picture of my ESL group I realized that it was kind of like my "International School" come true!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so wonderful, Connie! I'll bet there are students in your international school who dreamed of coming to the US and learning English from a patient, caring teacher. Their dreams have come true, too. - tk