Friday, January 4, 2013

Spirit Guides

I haven't thought about having a spirit guide in a long time. But the other night, I think I might've called to one in my sleep (isn't that when these things happen?!)  Anyhow, here's the story:  The other night I had a bunch of weird dreams that I remembered in a lot of detail.  One of the dreams really wasn't much of a dream. I just heard someone shouting "Ollie!  Help! I'm listening!" in a desperate tone.  I woke up almost shaking because I felt like I had really heard someone yelling this. Then I realized it was my voice yelling it. Since no one woke up I assumed that I didn't really yell. I kind of forgot about it until the next day. Driving from work to ESL class I remembered it. Then, for some reason, I had this message that I was calling to my spirit guide in this dream.  I thought more about having a spirit guide. The problem was that I don't like the name "Ollie" for a spirit guide. It reminds me of Laurel and Hardy or a short round guy eating hamburgers! Not very exotic. So I thought, maybe it is really spelled "Alli" or "Ali."  But, no, I kept seeing the word "Ollie" in my mind. So I accepted it.  A little further down the road I remembered that Sonny's name given to him at the Human Society was Ollie!  And, Buckeye's name given to her by the rescue group that had her was "Polly!"  So, in a way, maybe those two animals were connected to my spirit guide?!  After class, I was driving home still thinking about all of this. I hadn't thought about having a spirit guide for a long time. I was trying to figure out if I believed in all of this. I was also thinking how nice it would be to have someone to talk to, to guide me, to help me feel better, and to provide some direction when I need it.  All of a sudden, a car came out of nowhere and almost hit me. Then it sped away. I felt like maybe that was a sign. Ollie was trying to tell me that he/she is here and ready to talk if I'm listening. 

No comments: