Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sad Ducks

It's really sad - at work they are draining two beautiful ponds we have around the building to put in more parking ("They paved paradise and put up a parking lot."). As I was walking into the building yesterday, there was just a little bit of water left. What appeared to be a family of ducks stood on the edge of the water line staring at their diminishing pond. It really looked liked they were sad ducks watching their home being destroyed. It made me sad until I saw one of the ducks start "marching" towards the workmen draining the pond. The duck got about as close as he dared to the men and then started flapping his wings - I took this to be the duck equivalent of the middle-finger salute! It made me smile. You go, ducks! Somebody had to tell them.

No comments: