Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I Remember Like It Was Yesterday
Sometimes everday magic is recalling a bittersweet memory. Most of the time these days I'm doing good if I remember what I did 20 minutes ago, but on this "Back to School Eve" I remember so clearly this day 9 years ago. We had only been in our house a few months then. I was sitting with Alex on the front porch ruminating on the realization that the next day he would start Kindergarten and today was the last "totally free" day of his life - the last day before the long road of education began. I remember thinking that "tomorrow I give my baby to the world." Things would never be the same. Tonight I ruminate and shed some tears over the fact that tomorrow he starts high school. I remember that August day in 1999 so, so clearly that it had to be just yesterday. And, on Thursday, I watch Mackenzie start her Senior year. Really, where does the time go?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment