Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sweater Connections

I usually go through my day rushing to get things done and not making making many connections with people. The idea of this blog and looking for "every day magic" was to force me to notice things more - things that make you smile or stop to think. A side effect, it turns out, is making more connections. Yesterday AM on my way to work I stopped a Target for a few things. As I was checking out, I noticed the lady behind me was buying a really pretty lime green sweater with white dots. I really liked it and kept thinking I needed to come back later to get one. A while later, I was at Jo Ann. While waiting in the checkout line at Jo Ann, I noticed a lady in front of me with the same sweater! Turns out it was the same lady! We started talking and I asked her if she just bought the sweater at Target. She thought I asked because she left the tag on! I assured her that she didn't -- I just had noticed the sweater as she was buying it and really liked it. We had a nice conversation and then we both moved on -- but instead of rushing through my day, a connection was made!

No comments: