Thursday, June 5, 2008
Facebook Friends
The big thing with teenagers right now is Facebook, a social networking site. Teenagers consider it their social domain and are appalled that parents and even grandparents are infiltrating their territory. I know my daughter is very put off by us adults being on Facebook. But, like it or not, we are invading. I signed up awhile ago, asked my kids to be my friends and was politely(?) declined! I have to admit that I really haven't gone onto it very much and really didn't see much use for it -- until today. Well, really yesterday. Yesterday's magic was that a friend of mine from high school, Heather, found me on Facebook and got back in touch! It was so great to hear from her! I love being in touch with old friends. I think about my high school friends a lot lately. Maybe it's because having a daughter in high school takes me back. If I only knew then what I know now . . . Some of this wisdom I share with my daughter, some of it I don't because some things you have to learn for yourself! Anyhow, thanks Facebook for providing another way to experience everyday magic -reconnections with old friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment