Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Gift Horse

As usual, I'm not feeling the magic of Christmas this year. It all seems so rushed and contrived. More and more people aren't doing things like sending Christmas cards or decorating their houses. It seems to just be all about the shopping and feeling guilty cause we really can't afford to buy all that we are buying. But . . . one thing happened this past week that I hope results in magic for one little girl and if it does, I'll know that I had a part in making that magic happen. That will make me feel good!

Here's the story: I have a friend who has a horse she needs to find a new home for. I have another friend who is looking for a horse for his daughter. So, I let him know about it. It turns out he has already gotten a horse for his daughter but has another friend, Al (that I also know from college,)who is looking for a horse for his daughter. When I asked my friend with the horse what she wanted for it, she said her husband was willing to give it away if it went to a good, loving home. You can't beat that! So, I just heard that Al is very interested and is going to look at the horse. He's hoping it will be the right horse for his daughter and he can bring it to his place and surprise her on Christmas morning! I remember horse crazy friends I had as a child and know how excited they would've been for that kind of gift. I wish I could be there to see her face!

No comments: