Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Uncomfortably Numb

Someone is trying to tell me not to get my tooth crowned! Last fall, I had a tooth that needed crowned. I went to my appointment but was not feeling well. Before he could get started I told the Dentist I was sorry but I was feeling worse and could not go through with a 2 hour dental procedure that night. Work got really busy and I put off the crown until I couldn't stand it anymore and went back this past May. The dentist got me all numbed up (Numbing #1) and then determined that the tooth needed a root canal. He stopped the crown process and sent me off to an Endodontist to do the root canal. I went to the root canal appointment, got all numbed up (numbing #2) and as soon as he started I jumped out of my chair in pain. Couldn't get me numb enough. He gave me some medication to take to try to reduce the inflammation and had me come back the next week. Deja Vu (numbing #3). Couldn't get me numb enough again. Went back a week later, same deal (numbing #4). I finally had to get put out to get the root canal done. Last night I went back to the Dentist for the crown finally. He got me all numbed up (numbing #5). While I was waiting for him to come back and get started there was a loud explosion and the lights went out. A transformer had blown and wouldn't be fixed for hours. Appointment cancelled. No crown. I wonder if the sixth time will be the charm?! Sometimes, you just have to laugh!

No comments: