Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's Summer! Don't Miss It!

My boss has a quote she likes to share, "Some people light up the room by coming in, others light up the room by going out." My friend Becca K is one of those people that lights up the room by coming in, so I was pleasantly surprised to have her show up at my desk for an impromptu lunch invitation out of the office. Many days I don't leave my desk for lunch so actually leaving the building is magic! I was even more pleasantly surprised to have her buy my lunch with a gift card she had. We ate outside and had the opportunity to actually enjoy a pleasant, cooler summer day. Beautiful day, good food, a good friend - it doesn't get much more everyday magic than that! It's also a good reminder to take time from a busy day to do these things. Summer is flying by. Don't miss it!

No comments: