I love to travel and will take any opportunity for a road trip. This past week, Dwight had to go to Chicago for work so Alex and I went along (Mackenzie is on the mission trip). It was fun and tiring. I could recount the usual tourist sights to see but here are the "everyday magic" not so ordinary sites along the way:
* On the way up we saw three tractor trailers hauling the biggest propellors I've ever seen. Each truck had one blade that seemed as long as half a football field. They looked like the kind of blad you'd see on one of those "windmills" that generates power from the wind.
* On the road side in Indiana is a candle outlet with the biggest candle I've ever seen outside of it. I think it could sit alongside the giant Longaberger basket in Dresden and make a nice table display for the Jolly Green Giant!
* While crossing the street in Chicago we got delayed while waiting for a semi truck loaded down with more port a potties than I've ever seen! Definitely not something you see everyday!
* While Alex and I were looking in the Apple Store several guys from a soccer team came in. We really didn't know who they were until people started asking for their autographs. Turns out they were the Everton Club, a British Premier League team in town to play the Chicago Fire. I really didn't care who they were - I just thought they were enjoyable to look at :)
* Alex and I went to the Hancock building observatory (95th) floor. In one of the windows on the outside was a spider building a beautiful web. How did he get up there and wasn't he afraid of heights? What a view, though. Most expensive spider web real estate ever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment