Thursday, January 15, 2009

Chivalry is Not Dead

We've had a lot of snow in the past two days (4-5")and today it is bitterly cold (5 degrees). However, in the bowels of winter I learned that chivalry is not dead! Last night, Dwight picked me up from work so I left my van in the parking lot. Of course, today, when I went out to leave, my car was the only one covered in a blanket of snow and snow was drifted all around it. For some reason, today I didn't wear my boots. So, when I got to my car I brushed as much snow off as I could reach without stepping in the drifts. Then, while I was contemplating how I was going to brush off the other side when the only access was to step in a huge drift, a man (a gorgeous man!) appeared out of nowhere and started brushing off that side of the car. I noticed he wasn't wearing any gloves (remember it's 5 degrees). I told him he shouldn't be doing that with no gloves but he said he just moved here from the upper peninsula of Michigan so this weather is nothing to him! He went more than out of his way to make sure my car was all cleaned off. It was so nice. So, whoever you are, Chase Commercial Banking employee who just moved here from Michigan, thank you thank you. Ah, to be 15 years younger and single . . . !!! ;)

No comments: