Friday, October 10, 2008

Fall is Here

I was driving home from work yesterday and as I drove past a wooded area I looked over and - surprise! Fall is here (the season I mean - not the fall of the stock market which is definitely here). Somehow I hadn't noticed the trees changing. Then yesterday - there they were - orange, red, yellow. The colors of fall. Have I just not been observant or did it happen overnight? I mean, it's definitely October. We've had some chilly (but mostly warm) days this month. Soccer is just about over. All the milestones are there. But, I just didn't see it coming! Maybe it's the warm weather that's had me lulled into a sense of never-ending summer. I used to hate fall but now I have to say it's my favorite time of year after spring. I might even like it better. For one thing -the school year is still fairly new. Lately, I've come to dread Spring because it means the school year is on it's way out and my kids are on to another year older. This year, especially, I want to hang on to everyday. Well, my boss gave me the unexpected gift today of a few hours off so I'm going to go out and enjoy the fall!

No comments: