Sunday, May 18, 2008
Second Generation
Whenever I run into people today that I knew in grade school, high school, or college I think that's pretty "magical." But what really "blows my mind" is when their children and my children end up together. Some situations are planned. For example, last fall Amy, April, and I went to the Capital reunion and left the kids at the hotel to hang out. I couldn't help but think, "who would've thought 20+ years ago that our kids would be hanging out someday!" Those situations are cool but not so unexpected. Other circumstances are really random and very unexpected! For example Saturday at Alex's soccer tournament in Troy his team played a team from Medina. I recognized two of the Moms on the sideline - we went to high school together. One Mom - Linda - was in my church youth group, too. Who would've thought 30 years ago that someday our 14 year-0ld sons (as old as we were then) would be facing each other on a soccer field!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment