Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Priceless

Today's Everyday Magic posting isn't about weird coincidences that happened over Memorial Day weekend - although there were several. It's about true everyday magic - enjoying the little moments of life with your children. Alex got invited to guest play with a soccer team at a tournament that lasted all weekend. Just he and I went. Even though I spent my birthday and entire Memorial Day weekend on the soccer fields, I really enjoyed the time I spent with my son. I got to experience first had how pleasant he is to be with, how funny he can be and how kind and mature he's turning out to be. I enjoyed watching him play well and make new friends. I enjoyed the compliments about him from other parents. Throughout the weekend the dollar signs of what we were spending kept popping into my head but I wouldn't have traded this weekend for anything.
  • Two nights in a hotel - $200
  • Food - $100
  • Gas - $4 a gallon
  • Wonderful weekend with my son watching him grow up - Priceless.

No comments: