Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Skype Magic

Sunday, 4/10/11 was an amazing day! I Skyped with Juan, Agueda, and Irene for over an hour. I set up the call to talk about the possibility of setting up a Skype conversation between Irene's English class and Alex's Spanish class. His teacher had asked me about it. We talked about that and more for over an hour.

Then later – the most amazing thing – the nun in Nicaragua Skyped me from the cathedral in Manauga and bayb Milagro was theres - or I should call her by her full name - Maria Teresa de los Milagros! They call her Teresita. She was so beautiful!!! She is now 9 months old and appears to be very healthy and happy. Her parents were not there – they were working – but her grandmother brought her! We talked for about 20 minutes! It was incredible. I love Skype! I love modern technology that allows us to be in touch with friends and miracles around the world! I realized -- it's one of those "futuristic" things we used to see in Sci Fi movies or on the Jetsons that has come true - phones with video.

No comments: