Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Header

Yesterday I turned 45. There's not much magic about turning 45 or the thought of getting older. As in past years, I spent my birthday on the soccer fields at a weekend tournament. Some people might not think that's a great way to spend a birthday, but for me it is. I love it. There's not much else I'd rather do. This year is especially meaningful because it's probably my last Memorial Day/Birthday soccer tournament and probably my last soccer tournament period. Alex says he isn't going to play soccer anymore. But this weekend he was awesome. He scored 3 goals and two were beautiful headers on a corner kick. One of those was on my birthday and it was the game winning goal! It also gave them the win they needed to go to the championship game! He also played awesome defense. I really saw him grow in confidence this weekend. Now, he says he doesn't know what he's going to do next fall. So, maybe there's an inkling of hope it's not totally over! But, he has to do what makes him happy. Whatever happens, though, his playing this weekend and the championship for the team made my birthday magic!

No comments: