Friday, March 27, 2009

Gold Skies At Night

"Red skies at night, sailor's delight." But what does it mean if the sky is gold? I haven't written in awhile. I guess I haven't been looking for the magic. But tonight, it forced itself on me with an "in-your-face" dazzling gold sunset Driving home, the sunset teased me from behind, forcing me to constantly look in my rear view mirror. This sunset was golden - no trace of red or orange - just pure, deep, shiny gold. I don't think I've seen a sunset that was just one color like that and so intense. Maybe it was extra intense because we haven't seen the sun much in a long time. The light reflected off all the buildings on Polaris Parkway making them golden glowing towers of light. It was really incredible. "Gold skies at night - pay attention to the light!"

No comments: