Saturday, November 22, 2008

Lost and Found

I don't know if this is true for anyone else but when it comes to losing things I tend to lose things in "chunks." What I mean is, I can go for weeks and not have lost or be missing anything important and then all of a sudden I can't find a bunch of things. In the past week or so I've been stressing over losing Dwight's spare car key, a key to a desk drawer at work, an external comptuer drive at work (I think someone borrowed it and didn't replace it), and Mackenzie lost a video card from one of her teacher's cameras that she borrowed. It had important pictures on it. When I can't find important things I get all stressed out and tear apart things looking for them. Usually that is not effective, but I feel that I should be doing something. What I've learned, though, is that usually I find lost things when I'm not looking for them. They just seem to appear. This has been true this time as well. Yesterday, Alex found Dwight's keys in the backseat and I also realized what I had done with the desk key. Tonight I was looking for the video card for Mackenzie. I didn't really find it -- all of a sudden I looked and it was just lying there in front of me on the desk as I searched. I really don't know where it came from. I haven't found the external drive yet. So, I'll wait and bide my time. I feel confident it will turn up. I tend to find when I'm not looking. A good lesson for life in general!

No comments: